The Sill is open Monday to Sunday from 10am - 5pm
The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre is open every day from 10am – 5pm, but for our regular visitors, it will look and feel a little different at first. If you’re thinking of visiting The Sill soon we have some information to help you plan your visit.
A full risk assessment has been carried out by Northumberland National Park Authority staff in order to keep everyone safe at The Sill.
The Sill’s toilets, shop, kiosk and rooftop walk are open but for now our permanent exhibition remains closed. We have made additional seating available outside for anyone wanting to enjoy a picnic in our outdoor areas.
You don’t have to pre-book before visiting The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre and entry is free.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance to the building.
- We have a one-way system in place including a separate entrance and exit.
- Perspex screens have been added at the till in the shop – these are to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers and customers.
- A maximum of 15 people will be allowed in The Sill at any time.
- Should the building be at capacity when you arrive, you will be able to queue in a socially distanced way outside (staying two metres apart).
- A maximum of 3 people are allowed in the shop at one time and social distancing markers are in place to help.
- Inside the building, our new one-way system is in place to ensure social distancing can be followed.
- The Whin Sill Grassland Roof Walk is open. A maximum of 15 people can be on the roof at one time and staff and volunteers will be monitoring this to ensure safety for everyone.
- The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre will be fully sanitised every day and regular sanitising will take place every hour.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at different locations around The Sill.
- Contactless payments are preferred.
Northumberland National Park Authority and the team at The Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre will be meeting regularly to make sure our information is up to date with government guidelines.