Free resource packs for the classroom
Explore our at home learning resources for children and their families to learn about nature and the environment. From archaeology to storytelling, cooking to gardening; our Education and Engagement Teams have created the perfect activities for you to try at home or in the classroom.
Teachers and home educators – if you would like to download and keep our free resource packs, which are full of information and activities for your students, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which ones you would like. Our list currently includes:
- Dark Sky Art: ideas for creating art inspired by our dark skies.
- Mindfulness in Nature: help your students reconnect with nature.
- National Parks: What, Why, How: discover all about National Parks, what they are, why they exist, and how we look after the special qualities of Northumberland.
- Stargazing for Beginners: hints and tips on how to get out and explore the night sky.
- Finding The Lost Words: Activities inspired by the beautiful poetry and artwork of The Lost Words, by Jackie Morris and Robert McFarlane.
- Tourism in the National Park: a debate activity thinking about the different viewpoints of National Park users.
We are adding more resource packs to our programme all the time, so please check back for more information or fill in our enquiry form if you would like to be added to our mailing list, to be the first to hear about new resources.